When you are out on the internet looking for love, it often comes with terrible baggage. As a successful woman looking for cubs on cougar dating it may happen that you come across a real predator (no pun intended). Sex offenders are often found dating cougar and the very handy cougar app that you are using may turn into a liability for you if you are not careful. No matter the degree of your wants, you don’t want to end up at the hands of a sex predator or offender who might pose a threat to your life and limb. Many so-called safe cougar dating apps are not all that safe if statistics are anything to go by. Sex offenders have the ability to look their victim in the face and dominate them mentally and physically.
If you have taken the time to read through the terms and conditions of your cougar dating app, it is very clearly written there that you are solely responsible for your interactions with other users. Also, dating apps do not conduct criminal background checks on users and it is left to your discretion and best judgment that you do not meet a sex offender on the cougar dating app. Some of the leading dating apps have a policy of non-tolerance towards sex offenders but it does not mean that they conduct background checks initially.
For a person to be considered as a sex offender they have to be convicted of rape or sexual assault, child pornography, child molestation, or acts of public indecency. The convicted offenders have to register as a sex offender and they can be found if you search the National Sex Offender Public Website. While it may be possible to check out your matches on the cougar dating website by checking out this site, there is no guarantee that your match is using his real name on the cougar dating app.
It would help you if you knew some of the characteristics of sex offenders. Being forewarned is being forearmed and you need to know how sex offenders think and behave. While you cannot avoid matching to them on the cougar app, there are some typical tags that make sex offenders stand out like a sore thumb. Here are some of the common characteristics of sex offenders that will help you to avoid them on cougar dating apps.
- Sex offenders will convince you that they are absolutely indispensable to you. They will see you as special, worthy, talented, or gifted and deserving of one to one attention. They will flatter you by generous attention and will expect a degree of secrecy in the relationship.
- These sexual predators will try to convince you that others are not worthy of your attention as they happen to be. They will say things like “you deserve a lot better than this” and similar things in a bid to convince you that they are the ones for you.
- Sex offenders will often feel entitled to you. They will help you out initially but will ask for favors as soon as a rapport is developed. They will ask for favors in such a way that you will feel guilty if you turn them down.
- Sex offenders have a double standard. They will need you to feel welcome and friendly but they can be extremely moody, withdrawn, and prone to tantrums. They expect you to be available for them all the time but they won’t themselves.
- They will play on your compassion and pity. If you do not do the bidding of the sex offender, he will sulk, stalk you on the internet, harass you on social media, and might even threaten self-harm. He might say things like “you are rejecting me like others in my life”. The favorite thing about the sex offender is to get you to feel sorry for him. They get a major kick out of playing with your emotions so be careful of how much of your life you allow him access to.
- Sex offenders are known to lie about both big things and insignificant things. They are almost pathological liars and this makes it very difficult for you to believe them. One good bit of advice in this regard is to stop your contact with him after the man has lied three times to you. If you don’t do this, the lies will get more damaging and costly.
There are a few basic things that you can do to minimize the probability of hooking up with a sex offender on a cougar dating app. One of the first things that you can do is Google your match and see what the internet has to say about him. If you see him listed as a sex offender, purge him from your phone and memory.
Secondly, be cautious as to how much skin you show on your pictures. If the sex offender sees you as an easy lay, it will get difficult to extricate yourself from the relationship. Avoid exchanging intimate pictures as these could lay the foundation for blackmail if you are vulnerable.
Try to spot patterns in his communication as the two of you chat on the cougar dating app. If your man appears overeager to meet you, take it with a pinch of salt. If you are indeed meeting him for the first time, do so in an open and public place where it is easy to raise an alarm if things go awry.
There are background check websites on the internet from where you can look up your match and see if he is listed as a sex offender. Do not hesitate to do this in the first instant. It is much better to be safe than sorry.
At the end of the day, you should go with your gut feeling. If you feel that something is off, it probably is. Remember that there are plenty of handsome, younger guys out there, and don’t hesitate to ditch your potential sex offender at the first sign of trouble.